Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Do you need to cut the rotors everytime you change your brake pads?

I was told that you need to cut the rotors everytime you change the brake pads even if they are not wore..I just had my brakes look at .They told me no matter I have to cut them .I have 28,000 miles I need to change the pads soon on the back and 1/2 left on the front.2009Do you need to cut the rotors everytime you change your brake pads?Rotors should only be cut once. 28,000 miles seems to be too soon for pads to wear out.Do you need to cut the rotors everytime you change your brake pads?28,000 miles is WAY too soon for rear brakes... rear brakes only do 5-10% of braking, when you step on the brakes, the weight shifts to the front, so your front pads do most of the work.... rear brakes can last to 100k miles. But to answer your question, yes the rotors need to be cut everytime you change pads, if you didnt, the pads would be smooth, while the rotors are unven, causing elss surface area for the pads and rotors to meet