Tuesday, October 25, 2011

In brake replacement, The mechanic told me that both the rotors and pad need to change?

Is for w124 mercedes. Well my brakes work fine, I just want to change the pads. But why he says the rotors need to change too? I don't see a need in it. I want to change the frontal brake pads because I heard a screech noise- so is better to change soon.In brake replacement, The mechanic told me that both the rotors and pad need to change?If you don't think you need it, you might not. Go around to different auto shops and see what they say about them. If they say the same, then you probably should get them changed.



Good luckIn brake replacement, The mechanic told me that both the rotors and pad need to change?take the front wheel off on the side where you hear most squeaking from and look at rotor and if it is rough then you will need a new one if it is smooth then someone is trying to rip you off by earning more moneyIn brake replacement, The mechanic told me that both the rotors and pad need to change?No, you probably just need pads. I had a shop try to sell me a $800 brake job with new rotors, calipers and pads. Said I need it all or they can't guarantee the work. I told them to stuff it and went home and did it myself. The rotors didn't even need to be turned. Nothing was wrong with the calipers and I still had a little pad left. Changed the pad and I was good. Only reason I had my truck at the shop was for tires. Funny, if they knew I was a mechanic, I wonder if they'd have still fed me that line of BS.In brake replacement, The mechanic told me that both the rotors and pad need to change?Well, you might as well change the pads and rotors at the same time, so theirs no uneven wear, instead of having to do the pads on the front now, then replace the front rotors in a month with somewhat worn out front pads....it'll be a hassle. Trust me, replace them all at once.In brake replacement, The mechanic told me that both the rotors and pad need to change?As a mechanic myself I would recomend you take the mileage of the car and equat it to the rotors, i got 60,000 out of a set of pads, and use the rotors a second round, but on the 3rd round those shiny rotors are getting pretty thin, so if your car has around 90,000 on it, your rotors are too thin to last the life of anopther costly brake job. Have a second opinion if you think he is out to rook ya.In brake replacement, The mechanic told me that both the rotors and pad need to change?Rotors should be replaced is they are warped or if they are heavily scored. A new rotor can be cut to remove grooves or warping up to 12 thousand of an inch. If done properly, a rotor could be cut 2 thousand at the time. But most shops, to avoid having customer complaints about posible brake pulsation, they cut between 6-10 thosand the first time. The second time you need to change brakes, the new shop will not accept cutting them, because they are too close to the max.In brake replacement, The mechanic told me that both the rotors and pad need to change?take it to a place where they will do as you ask.

i had the same problem recently and they are all ways after more money.

i was also trained as a mechanic but got out of the game because it means ripping people of on a regular basis.In brake replacement, The mechanic told me that both the rotors and pad need to change?Rotors have a minimum thickness, if they get down to this limit they won't work effectively and could cause brake failure = crash.

Whenever you replace your disc pads, you should get the rotors machined or replaced if they are unable to be machined within the limits. If they don't get machined you stand a chance of them squealing and also don't get the best brakes possible. Machining gets rid of the shiny surface on the disc which stops the new pads working properly.

Some disc rotors can't be machined because of how they are made or because of the manufacturers requirements.

If you have gone metal to metal, which is what it sounds like, you have a rough uneven surface which will cause the new pads to wear unnecessarily and not perform to their best.



In a nutshell by the what you've described it, you've worn out the pads, which has scored the discs making them thinner than the manufacturer requires.

Just because they look alright doesn't mean they are safe, get a second opinion if you feel they are trying to pull a swifty, but make sure the person you take it to knows what they are doing. These are your brakes, without them you crash, don't cut corners by demanding dodgy repairs, if they need replacing, replace them.