Thursday, November 25, 2010

Please can someone tell me how to change brake pads on a mercedes A class.?

I own a Mercedes W reg A class petrol model. There is a bad squeel coming from one wheel and i want to remove pads to see if there is a problem with caliper but cant work it out. can calipers be cleaned if not returning properly?Please can someone tell me how to change brake pads on a mercedes A class.?I sincerely suggest that you visit a Mercedes garage.



Capilers can be cleaned.



I do not have any information on an A class, I do know that Mercedes have been using an Active Braking system I do not know if your car has this, should your car have this active brake system you will have no choice but to go to Mercedes.



And I am not refering to ABS, that is different. With an active system you need to hook up a scan tool to tell the cars' computer to release the capilers so that you can change the brakes. If you force the caliper piston back you may damage the braking system.Please can someone tell me how to change brake pads on a mercedes A class.?huh, take it to a mechanic. If you are asking that here you mustn't know what you are doing and you really need to know what your doing to change brake pads. It isn't simple. But if it's a squeel when the wheel is going around when you drive, just go down a street at night and slam on the brakes (maybe a couple of times) that should fix the problem.