Thursday, November 25, 2010

Warped Rotor resurfaced. Do I need to change Brake Pads?

I changed my front rotors and brake pads about 10,000 miles ago. The rotors warped after the lug nuts for my wheels were fastened too tightly and now I have pulsation when I brake. I'm planning to turn my rotors but do I need to change brake pads also? The pads are new and I hate to waste them.Warped Rotor resurfaced. Do I need to change Brake Pads?Have you priced new rotors? They generally run about $25 a piece and make turning old ones not worth the trouble. The pads should be fine.Warped Rotor resurfaced. Do I need to change Brake Pads?Yes, it's best to replace the pads again too. This way you won't keep going around in circles replacing one part of the system at a time.Warped Rotor resurfaced. Do I need to change Brake Pads?You may experience a smoother ride if you do change them but I wouldnt at first, see how the ride is, if there is still a lot of vibration when you brake, then change them.Warped Rotor resurfaced. Do I need to change Brake Pads?When you take your tires off to remove your rotors just inspect your pads. For the price of the brake pads you may as well replace them if they have any wear at all. If your rotors were worn enough that you could feel it when you brake then the pads probably wore unevenly and will take some time to wear back to an even level. No sense only fixing half of the brakes, you should replace the pads IMO.