Friday, September 23, 2011

Ever change brake pads/rotor on a 4-cyl 2006 Toyota Camry?

I recently bought a full set of 4 Brembo ventiled disc rotors and Monroe ceramic pads for my 2006 Camry (4-cylinder) front and back. It has 85,000 miles, so it's time. I have my jack, stands, C-clamp, extra Dot4 fluid, anti-squeal compound, brake cleaner (for the rotors), and a set of allen wrenches to loosen the calipers.



Has anyone ever done this before on this car specifically, and anything I need to look out for in particular (tricky spots?) The brakes have never been changed before, and so I wonder if the caliper bolts will be impossible to loosen, or if there are any other brake wear indicator clips I have to remove.Ever change brake pads/rotor on a 4-cyl 2006 Toyota Camry?Put brake grease on the pins after you wipe them off. Also, don't get anything on the pads, such as, anti-squeal compound or you'lll have to buy new pads.Ever change brake pads/rotor on a 4-cyl 2006 Toyota Camry?check the auto zone web site under repairs. Just be sure to keep rotors very clean remove all traces of grease and oil including finger prints and do one side at a time, using one side as a reference as how it should look.