Monday, September 19, 2011

How to change my front brake pads on my 2005 vito 109cdi?

I'm going to attempt it on the weekend. 10 points for most simple instructions plus any tools that I may need. Cheers.How to change my front brake pads on my 2005 vito 109cdi?I did my Sprinter pads not very long ago, if they're anything like them - It is a Doddle!



Loosen wheel nuts, Jack up and axle stand. Wheel off.



Using a pry bar (sturdy screw driver) gently ease the pistons of the calliper back. Do not damage the disk doing this.



There are Allen bolts top and bottom of the calliper, slacken one, remove the other, swing out the calliper. Change pads, replace calliper and put in the bolt, tighten them both up. Wheel on, do other side.



Pump the pedal a few times before you move the vehicle.



I think the Allen heads are 7mm, it's not the usual size that is in a set. I had to get one special from Hal Fred's





It's a good idea to get a Haynes Manual.How to change my front brake pads on my 2005 vito 109cdi?If you are unsure about changing brake pads, I'd recommend you get a garage to do it (or a friend with some mechanical experience). Brakes are the last thing on a car that you want to get wrong.