Monday, September 19, 2011

How often do i change my rear brake pads on a 2008 vette?

I hear a little grinding noise from the rear of the vehicle when moving. Hope it's not the rear diff.How often do i change my rear brake pads on a 2008 vette?grinding noise? could you be more descriptive? Brakes on the rear axle for the corvette outlast the front ones, but grinding usually wouldn't be coming from the brakesHow often do i change my rear brake pads on a 2008 vette?For normal driving conditions the rear pads are replaced once for every two times the fronts are replaced. As for how often, it depends on driving style. On my Corolla and Subaru it was every 24000 miles for the rears. For my Miata they last 50000 miles or better. The Miata does not take as much braking to get through a turn faster then either of the others.

It may not be the diff. it could be the rear bearings either inboard or outboard.