Friday, September 23, 2011

How hard is it to change brake pads in a taurus and do I really need all those tools or just a few basic ones

IF you are patient, you don't even need the c-clamp.

I use 2 large flatblade screwdrivers and apply pressure to force the old pads away from the rotor before I remove them. I go nice and slow, and usually get the caliper piston fully recessed by the application of leverage on the old pad forcing them away from the rotor.



How hard is it to change brake pads in a taurus and do I really need all those tools or just a few basic onesvery easy and only a couple of tools neededHow hard is it to change brake pads in a taurus and do I really need all those tools or just a few basic onesthis is a VERY simple job and you only need a few tools:

A socket set, a pair of pliers and a %26quot;C%26quot; clamp to force the piston in the caliper back to allow room for the new pads.

If the old pads have gone through to the backing plate and are %26quot;grinding%26quot; on the disc, you may want to take the discs down to a shop to be re-surfaced.