Monday, September 19, 2011

Hi, I have a toyota corolla and I want to change the brake pads myself. Where can I buy the brake pads/tools?

I am new in US! Don't know of stores that sell auto parts. I live in LA, Pasadena. If you have a favorite mechanic, it would be appreciated as well.

ThanksHi, I have a toyota corolla and I want to change the brake pads myself. Where can I buy the brake pads/tools?We have found that the OEM (original equipment manufactures) Toyota brake pads, anti-rattle clips and anti-vibration shims last the longest and do the least amount of damage to the brake rotors. They're competitively priced with any brand of premium ceramic pads. You can buy these at any Toyota dealership parts counter.



I would suggest you go to the Toyota dealer, large book or any auto-parts store and buy a Chilton's or Haynes repair book for your specific car. In the book is a brake section complete with pictures how to change the brake pads..



You're going to need many expensive tools to do the work. Metric 1/2 drive sockets. A 12%26quot; or 16%26quot; ratchet. A hydraulic floor jack and jack stands. A two pound maul (hammer). Metric vernier calipers to measure the thickness of the brake rotors. A right angle electric grinder to brake the rust and glaze off the old brake rotors. A small can of Never Seize and a tube of synthetic brake grease for the slider pins.



As you can see it would be less expensive to have your local Toyota dealer do the work.Hi, I have a toyota corolla and I want to change the brake pads myself. Where can I buy the brake pads/tools?I dunno what kinda brakes Country Boy works on, because that seems a little overkill for some new pads. Measuring rotor thickness isn't absolutely crucial, you can usually tell when they're reaching a danger point.



You will need, however,

A floor jack, jack stands, metric sockets, a socket wrench, and a C-clamp.

You would raise the vehicle, put a jackstand along the frame, remove the tire, unbolt the brake caliper from the mount (sometimes only the bottom bolt is necessary, then you swing it up), use the C-clamp to push the piston back in, and put new pads on. Anti-rattle isn't always necessary, I never use it and my brakes are silent.



Best thing I could recommend if you can't afford a dealership, post on your local Craigslist. I'm sure for $20 you can get a highschool student to come out and show you how it's done. Just say you have no tools and no knowledge and would like for them to show you how it's done.Hi, I have a toyota corolla and I want to change the brake pads myself. Where can I buy the brake pads/tools?toyota dealer can get the parts or you can get the parts at autozone, NAPA, pep boys, ETC.Hi, I have a toyota corolla and I want to change the brake pads myself. Where can I buy the brake pads/tools?Any auto parts store will have what you need. It would be a good idea to get a repair manual also.Hi, I have a toyota corolla and I want to change the brake pads myself. Where can I buy the brake pads/tools?what year.mostly all corolla's need a 14MM socket or wrench for the calipers and to get rotors off 17MM bolt PS sorry I'm from the east coast.