Thursday, September 15, 2011

Is it safe to change the brake pads on my 2000 Explorere myself?

I'm mechanically inclined, but I've never done this type of work before.Is it safe to change the brake pads on my 2000 Explorere myself?Brakes on any car are nothing to take lightly. Although, the work itself is relatively easy, the importance of your brakes makes it serious. If you are mechanically inclined and have the confidence in your ability, go for it. Just make sure to do a good visual inspection of your rotors, calipers, brake lines and brake hardware. It is always a good idea to have your rotors %26quot;turned%26quot; or machined to prevent any chance of squeaking or brake fade (brake fade will occur when gas pockets build up between your brake pads and the rotor, causing a firm pedal but no stopping). It would help to have a Haynes Repair Manual handy in case you run in to something your not sure of. You can get one at your local auto parts store. Be careful, and do the right things and it should go fine. Good Luck!Is it safe to change the brake pads on my 2000 Explorere myself?If you feel confident. I would make sure to have a guide book or someone who has done this before with you. But if you are capible of such work, go for it.Is it safe to change the brake pads on my 2000 Explorere myself?If you have never done a brake job before or are having doughts about it then I definitly wouldn't recommend it. You might get seriously hurt yourself or (worse scenerio) get killed.Is it safe to change the brake pads on my 2000 Explorere myself?yes very easy to do . check to see if they are not metal to metal .Is it safe to change the brake pads on my 2000 Explorere myself?Yes, front brake pads are very easy to change. The only tool you need that you may not have is a C clamp to help push the piston back into the caliper.Is it safe to change the brake pads on my 2000 Explorere myself?Changing brake pads isn't too difficult. Usually 2 bolts hold the calper on or in some cases pins. Just be sure you do 2 things if nothing else, please use safety stands to support the vehicle, not a jack by itself and use the proper size wrenches.Is it safe to change the brake pads on my 2000 Explorere myself?disk brakes are a lot easier than drum brakes, but brakes are the most important system on your suv without them you cant stop

If you are going to try to do this i suggest you spend the 20 dollars and buy a manuel at most auto parts stores

read the brake section and make up your own mind