Thursday, September 15, 2011

How would I change the brake pads in my honda accord?

I need to change my 2 front brake pads...my friend did it a few years ago and I watched him but don't remember much of it....but I think I can change them myself I just need to know what to do...



I know you need to raise your car and take off the wheel...from there it's pretty straightforward I'm assuming.

I have socket wrenches is that all I need?How would I change the brake pads in my honda accord?I would suggest not trying this without hands on supervision. There are many things that can go wrong and you will not know how to deal with it.

As was stated the rotors may need to be turned. If the old pads went to metal the rotors will have to be turned or replaced.

The calipers have to be collapsed before the new pads can be installed. On some vehicles the calipers can just be compressed but some have self adjusting calipers that has to be turned(screwed) in. Care must be taken so as not to damage the master cylinder.

There are a lot of times that the brakes will have to be bled. If this is not performed properly the results can be catastrophic.

I don't know how old you are but there are some things , that if messed with, can shorten a life span. This would be a particular person's business but if your brakes go out at an intersection it might involve the lady and kids you knock into on coming traffic.How would I change the brake pads in my honda accord?sure do it yourself and have fun too. and remember when you make a mistake it will only cause you to crash and /or kill someone else. if the rotors are undersized, you have to get new ones..if they have excessive run-out then they need to be turned. if you have to ask people how to perform vehicle maintenance then you don't need to be doing some of it that will possible affect other people. pay a professional. then the risk is on them not you.
  • hair clippers
  • make rash go away
  •